Sunday, March 12, 2017

Love Actually


I walked down to Smith Street in the afternoon, the sun was shining, it was a lovely day. TattsLotto, sausages and potatoes, for mashed potato, of course, from Coles, for dinner, but just a sniff around cash Converters in between to look at the CDs (the no 1 second hand CD, in any second hand shop, is Dido’s No Angel, don’t know why, just thought you might like to know that) and to look for the missing episodes of Weeds, season four and season five.

I’ve been reading a lot about the sequel to Love Actually lately, and all this talk of the sequel put it in my head to watch it again. I thought I had a copy of the original, a Bali knock-off, to be sure, but when I went looking for it I couldn’t see it in my dvd collection. (It was probably David’s thinking about his dire movie tastes) Oh well.

When I was in Cash Converters there were quite a few copies of Love Actually on display, all $3. Then I saw a 3 movie dvd pack of Love Actually, Notting Hill and Bridget Jones Diary for $3. OMG, I thought, as I reached for it. It is true, I did say OMG, but quietly and under my breath, not out loud so anybody could hear. I’d part with my shekels for that, I thought. I’m a closet Hugh Grant fan, after all. The thinking poofs leading man.

So, we watched Love Actually late in the afternoon. I liked it all over again, you know, in that same way you eat a Big Mac, it’s easy, and it fills a spot.

Now, I’m listening to Dido’s No Angel, (thank you Apple Music) just to see what all the fuss is about, or not about, as the case may be.


No comments: