Saturday, March 11, 2017

Selfish Bastards

We stopped in Northcote and ate Taiwanese. The restaurant was cool, quirky and stylish, just near Separation Street. A bit odd in its design, but oddity that worked. I ate soup, Sam at a chicken bento.

We went to Cash Converters over the road and I bought Tracy Chapman’s first album, self titled. The girl behind the counter said, "Good album," when she saw it. 

I went to the Reject shop looking for clip frames, which I did not find. I so want to resurrect some old antique pictures and I reckon clip frames will be just the thing to replace the broken frames, hang them on my study wall in a group, they'll look great, next to my duck, but I couldn't find them. Sad face.
Sam went to Aldi coming out with an armful of food saying, "I keep forgetting they don't provide bags."

We went to the pet shop and bought Buddy’s red meat and we used the free coupon from Hills to buy cat food. The cute son was in the shop, he said hello as he always does even if he didn’t serve us.

We drove home down St Georges Road, the traffic was better that way. But Melbourne drivers have become so selfish and self focussed. I stopped at Newry Street to let a woman turn right in front of us. It isn’t exactly 2 lanes there, although it kind of is, and I was on the right-hand side of the road and the traffic was banked up in front of us going no where, although there was a little space between us and the car in front. As I stopped to let her go around in front of us, the cars behind passed us on the left hand side and pulled in in front of us filling in the small amount of free space between us and the next car stopped in the line of traffic in front of us, blocking the path of the woman in the Audi TT who I had stopped for to let her around. I couldn’t believe it. I’d never really seen anything like it. I have never seen such disregard for other drivers on the road. I was gobsmacked.


Shrug.

No comments: