Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Anzac Day

I wanted to go to the supermarket to get ingredients for cake icing for a banana cake I am making for a BBQ lunch today at David's place. There will be a group of about 15 friends, all of them are bringing a dish. 

I bought all the ingredients for the cake yesterday, but I forgot about the icing, stupid me. Usually, I don't ice this cake, but for a BBQ, I felt it needed its party dress on too. 

But, the supermarket isn’t open until 1pm. Really? The BBQ starts at 1pm. Grrr! What kind of 1950s throw back is that? Damn, I thought. 

If people want to celebrate Anzac Day that is their decision, and good luck to them, I hope it brings them whatever it is they hope it will bring them, but Anzac Day means nothing to me, so why am I, effectively, forced to celebrate the day too? It is just another public holiday, and supermarkets are usually open on public holidays. 

People who want to go to the movies, or shop, or whatever else they want to do, in the morning, why shouldn't they be allowed? I am really not sure?

1 comment:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hello from Idaho and sure hope your cake is hit. Stop by from My Ordinary life.
If you find the time stop in for a cup of coffee