Monday, April 30, 2018

Mindlessly Reading The News

I stayed up late. I read the news, mindlessly, really, like I was expecting what? The TattsLotto numbers? I hadn’t read the news in how long? Oh, hours. Moments. Are we all addicted to the news? Even despite ourselves? I even hear myself say to smart people at BBQs,

"Oh, I don't watch the news, it is the only way to stay happy in this world."

The news services work is done. We are all hooked. Truth, or lies. Real, or fake? I’m guessing it doesn’t matter. Australia, or anywhere in the world? 24 hours per day. 
We are all tuned in.

Really, at the expense of reading a story, a poem, something fascinating a non-fiction writer may have written, looking at art, some beautiful photographs, or just cuddling our lovers as we go for a walk in the garden, in coats in the winter grey. It is autumn now, get outside and kick some leaves in the park.


No comments: