Sunday, April 01, 2018

Up Early Again

I woke up early, it was dark outside. It was even worse when I got down stairs, day light savings had finished, so it was, actually, an hour earlier, even if I looked at my watch upstairs initially, which would have changed automatically, it was still bought home by the incorrect time on the kitchen clock.

Oh, the dark is about to descend. It is the dark about the winter that I hate, the cold I don't mind. Images of peak hour traffic rumbling along all in the glare of headlights, comes to mind. Throw in some rain some night, with the rain drops caught in the multitude of head light beams.

It is cold in the mornings, now. You can feel that summer has slipped away. There's a chill that wasn't there just a week ago.

I made coffee and had a piss. I tried very hard not to dribble in my track suit pants. Oh, nothing worse on these cold mornings, down your leg what's more. The guys know what I am talking about. I laughed to myself. I didn't, though, so yay for me.

Up early again. Grimace. I must have fallen asleep on the couch again.

Winter is upon us. I can feel in that a t-shirt isn't enough these early mornings. I need socks too, to keep my feet warm. Sad face. That wasn't the case just a few weeks ago. I hate cold feet. No more complaining about the odd day, I'll deliberately go for walks in it, just to enjoy the last of the warmth.

Milo appears and cuddles up.

No comments: