Thursday, May 18, 2006

Moving On

I had a date. Well, everyone... well, Tom is always telling me that I should get out and about if I want to meet someone. Tom says that Manny is second best, by my own admission and that I shouldn't settle for second best. Tom says that any future beau is going to have to deal with the relationship I have with Mark, so I shouldn't let Manny stand in the way too.

David came over and we chatted and drank red wine. He was really lovely and we talked like we’d always know each other. He was originally from Adelaide and used to belong to a group that I belonged to as a teenager, amazingly enough.

He bore no resemblance to the photo he used on-line. It wasn't even ten years old, like quite a few, it just wasn't him. But that was okay, it was just a date to drink red wine, after all.

You know, you always hope for a thirty year old who has some resemblance to twenty and not one that looks over forty. David must have dipped out on the youthful gay gene, badly. That's usually a straight boy trait, looking forty when they are really thirty. David must be spitting it.


No comments: