Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Satan's Not A Bad Boy, He's Just Misunderstood

That devilish little bloke, with the winning eyes and infectious smile, has proved a more faithful companion than God. He's the yes man, lets you decide your future, dare I say like an adult, unlike the crusty old bloke with the white beard who just instinctively says no, because, as we all know, human beings aren't capable of making up their own minds.

More honest, more real, more alive, Satan's like your fun cousin and not at all like your stoggy old grandpa. At least you know where you stand with him, unlike God's disciples with their agendas and their lies. (Lets ask Mary Magdalene, shall we?)

*Sin - read pleasure, but I'm keeping with the terminology - is more straight forward and universal, not to mention, it is what makes the world turn.

(* sin is a construct of those with faith, because to have organised religion you must have control, otherwise it can't work)

Pleasure is like sunshine, like laughter, like the sun at the end of a warm day. Pleasure is what makes your heart beat faster, makes you heart go zing and you brain giddy with anticipation.

Satan is the five muscles it takes to smile. God is the fifty two that it takes to frown. And don't forget the finger pointing as he tells you no!

Good is more subjective. For the good of who? (Those who have power in the church?) For whose advantage? (Those who collect the collection plate, every Sunday... or what ever other day that has been agreed on for convenience, like the Catholics going to mass on Saturday night. A new Sabbath, how interesting.)

Sin doesn't affect anyone - other than to put a smile on my partners face, Sunday morning in bed - like good.

It is for your own good! It is to be restricted, for your own sake. None of you can be trusted to make important decisions. No thanks Jesus, I can find my own way along the path.

Time and time again, they are doing it for our own good. Yeah, well, ta very much do-gooders, it is very nice of you to give up your time so selflessly, but I can shine my own torch, I know the way.

Doing good for other's? Please? I'm sorry, but it is in themselves that the do-gooders are trying to get the almighty to invest, from what I've seen. What a good person, you get to go to heaven and collect that $200.

Believe what you believe and do what you do, but for god's sake, call it what it is - the maintenance of a two thousand year old myth that a lot of people and powerbases and institutions depend on for their survival.

For the good of the people? No, for the good of the shareholders in the construct they have named Christianity.

Believe in what you want, I encourage you, but, at the very least, you can afford me the same freedom.

Now me, Manny, Satan and Azhrielle are off to watch the sunset. Azh is bringing the sandwiches, I've got the doobies.

What about all that black and the chickens and the blood...

Never true, said Satan. I don't even like the sight of blood. That was an invention of the other lot, you know, to scare the farmers regarding their flocks. It's all symbolic. Satan shook his head and looked perplexed.

The sun was a bright, shining crystal ball, set low in the sky, as we sat looking at it in the late afternoon.

I love this time of day, I said to Manny.

So do I, he replied, as he cuddled up to me.

I love it too, said Satan to Azhrielle, as they cuddled tenderly.


5 comments:

Keshi said...

**Believe in what you want, I encourage you, but, at the very least, you can afford me the same freedom.


Spot on :)

Keshi.

Jim said...

heyyyy Beaver Fletcher

dont throw in the towel now
lets get her

i am wid u
will read the shit u rote laterr

Jim said...

Fletcher is the devil pic u?
u look good mam
devils always do

just some advice for u from an old man

dont be dogmatic
atheism is a religion too
u r trying to spread it

u no fletcher if i didnt have a God to lean on
i wud not be here today
i had ruff times and only my faith in God made me carry on living

though in acute depression, i attempted suicide once

so dont take away the faith of lesser mortals

its all they gott to carry on living

though at the end of the day
if there is no God like u say
does it really matter?

placebos cure too

FletcherBeaver said...

Absolutely Saby. That's why I don't want to argue with Keshi. I believe in everyone's right to believe in what they believe, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I'm just telling you what I believe. I'm not against religion, I think it gives a lot of people comfort.

FletcherBeaver said...

I'm only against religion when the believers try to tell the non-belivers how to live. I'm only against it when it tries to interfere in the life of my tribe, if you know what I mean.