Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Wide Awake

I haven't smoked pot for a week. Every thing is so clear. I pay all my bills, even clean. Oh... um... I smoked with Nicholas on Thursday and I smoked with Perry and Wesley and Tom on Saturday night. The trouble is that everyone I know, smokes pot. I can't visit any of my friends without them saying, Do you want a joint?

It's just time to be clear. Ten years is a long time. But I never smoked it until I was twenty. Never touched the stuff as a teenager, which I think is good. Good to be clear when all the big changes are happening inside and out. I think I would have hated to look down and see my first pubic hair through blurry eyes.

I haven't missed it, haven't craved it, haven't wanted it, just done it to be social. I also had the smallest line of speed, just because everyone else was. Oh, don't get me wrong, I wanted to, no one made me, it's just that I wasn't expecting too. Hadn't planned too. But hey, when in Rome? Just for old times sake.

It's a good thing that with all the drugs I've taken, I've never developed an addiction to any of them. I always just took them to have fun. The only thing that has me addicted is tobacco. Bastard stuff, I just don't seem to be able to kick that one. The rest, I can take or leave.

Mark and Luke are coming down tonight to watch Big Brother with me. Having said all of that, I wouldn't mind if Luke bought some, you know, just for the buzz, now that I think of it.

I think I can hear the burble of the Range Rover now. Gotta go.


2 comments:

AM said...

hi!how are you!? we´re new bloggers from berlin, hope to see you around our blog! http://www.worldcupberlin.blogspot.com/

FletcherBeaver said...

wlcome. I'll be sure to check it out