Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Everybody for Themselves in the 21st Century

Nice enough day. Licking salt from the salt mine walls, slurp, slurp, slurp. Laughing at the litany of incompetence that is now the company I work for. The brave new world of market forces isn't the slick efficient machine that was promised, but a selfish everyone-for-themselves shitfest. It's perception over substance.

You just gotta laugh, he, he. If no he, he, it would be boo hoo! ...bah, bah. Boo, boo! Don't try and shit an old pro... and all that.

I've leaned to care less, I think that is the mantra for this modern, 21st century, world.

I've got a golf ball for an elbow, so it is better than it twas, so I'm very pleased about that. Big smile.

Still smoking. Blah!


I spent the night cleaning like a mad thing. It's not something I'm usually good at, it's not something I spend a lot of time on. But I have an old friend moving in for twelve months, before he moves up north in search of sun and adventure and I had to make space for him to move his stuff in. Boy, was it an eye opener. Once I'd tided and put everything away, in the attic and cupboards where it all really belonged, you should have seen the dust that was left behind. I used to think I was a clean person, but now I'm not so sure.

We're going to employ his cleaner, going forward. I've never had much luck with cleaners in the past, it always seemed like so much more work having to tidy up before they got here so they could clean. Maybe this one will be different?

 

No comments: