Saturday, March 10, 2007

Well, There You Go

My arm made a remarkable recovery, yesterday, between St Vinnies, in the morning and going to see my own doctor, in the afternoon.
How are you, my doctor asked?
Okay, I said. Grumpy. Shitty. Over it.
That's no good, said my doctor. Come on, lets take a look at it.
When I took the sling off, the swelling had reduced, considerably and the redness had almost faded, it was as though he had charm it right back to normal.
I was pleasantly surprised.
No, you still have to wear the sling for another 5 days, said doc. No you still can't drive.

It's very hard typing one-handed. There aren't too many things that are best done one-handed? Speaking of which, Manny has been noticeably absent during this whole illness process. Of course, breaking into that boy's gym, food, body worship regime, may take a little more than a pussy elbow. I may need to end up in emergency on life-support, to gain his full, undivided attention.



Actually, that's not really fair, but I would have thought he would have turned up to see how I was with me being home, sick for three days.

Actually, thinking about it, I wonder if he even knows? It all seems to have happened so quickly.

When did I last speak to him?

He's better in a towel than a crisis.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that manny?

FletcherBeaver said...

That's not actually Manny, but it could be. That is how he looks in a towel.

FletcherBeaver said...

I kind of think there is a certain unfairness in the fact that I write about him on a blog that he doesn't know about, but then to publish photos of him that he, again, doesn't know about, it would be a bit too much. So I use photos that could be him and that look like him. I kind of feel that if he finds out about this blog, one day, I have betrayed him in the least possible way. Where, if I used actual photos of him, without his consent, well...
Does that make sense?