Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Incompetence

Incompetence, is my pet hate, at the moment. I find I'm always saying, if only people would do what they are supposed to do, the world would be a much happier place.

Last night, my mum called me to say that her cleaners had taken her freezer outside to defrost it and had left it sitting in the back yard, could I come over and put it back in the kitchen.

What the hell?

What were the stupid cleaners thinking? Not to mention all my mum's ruined food.

I know this seems to be a small thing, but it just seems to happen more and more. People doing half of what they were meant to, or trying not to do what they are supposed to do at all.

My new car is a case in point. The R.A.C.V. was incompetent, the car yard was incompetent, the road worthy people were incompetent and I got stuck with a $2000 bill to fix it.

The bike riders without their lights at night is another example.

Why is it that so many people try to do the least amount possible to get by? Don't they feel any shame? Don't they have any compassion for their fellow man? It amounts to cheating. Are we now a race of cheaters, happy to do anyone in that we can, if it means we get further?

 

No comments: