Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Now We Know What We Have To Do, Break Their Necks

I’m up at 11am. I turn on the coffee machine, full expresso. I am impatient and the coffee is cold.
I go back to bed to my computer. There is no side table to sit my coffee cup on. Things are packed up ready to ship to the new house. It hardly seems the effort to juggle a cold cup of coffee on my legs with my laptop.

Burly welsh rugby player, beer drinking, 125 kilos, breaks his neck while trying to impress his mates, which causes him to have a stroke.
He wakes up from the coma and immediately feels different. He is watching a TV program with a handsome actor, which gives our boy the same feelings in his stomach that he used to feel when he looked at women.
He’s now a 71 kilo hairdresser.
Now we know what we have to do, flip them over backwards and break their necks.

When I get up again, Mark and Luke are up. I eat muesli. We watch Doctor Phil. We smoke a joint.

I sneak a cigarette and walk up the driveway to smoke it. I feel stoned, and feel that I am guilty with every thing I do. Just smoke the cigarette, own it, feel yourself grow.
Yeah right, if it was that simple everyone would be doing it.

I get my camera, to take photos up the driveway.
My camera runs out of batteries after the fourth shot. But, the driveway is gorgeous in dappled light meandering through the forest... I'll miss it.
Dusty is playing in the barn as I walk back. They are packing it up, what do you expect?
I don’t have the camera charger, bugger. Would that be one of those moments that Sam says I need to plan?
But, I was sure I had it, mum.

I need a good dump and a shower, I know that much is true. The country has a way of doing that to you.

I gardened all afternoon, out in the sun. I think it's good to get a little vitamin D, I mean, how long do I spend in doors behind my computer. And I've had the odd blocked pore, of late.
The sun was hot. The breeze was cool. The sky was blue. I usually break every half hour for a cup of tea, that's my idea of working in the garden. And a cake, even better. You know what I mean? I move like the seasons. A seasonal gardener, thats me. But not today, I cruised through until dusk without a break. Do you know how many greens there are in nature? I was in a trance. Digging those weeds, mostly out in the canna garden. I wanted to get them all. The Japanese Maple is amazing this year. In the zone, as they say. How cute are wrens bathing in water?
I could smell rain in the air. A huge storm blew in and the thunder rolled and the lightening flashed and the rain fell in huge drops. We opened the double doors and stood between indoors and out doors. The other dimension.

No comments: