Wednesday, November 09, 2011

The Rain

I woke up to the rain gently falling on the roof. I love that sound, there is nothing quite like it for making me feel relaxed and comfy. Nothing quite like it to make me want to open the curtains and pull the blankets up to my face and just stare out at it.

Some people hate Melbourne's changeable weather, I love Melbourne for it. So often it means that when it gets really hot and oppressively hot in the city, you know it won't be long before there is a cool change and all the heat will be blown away and we will be renewed and the sparkling sun light will start all over again.

I like that break. I look for that break. It makes the heat more bearable. I see it as an advantage.

Of course, I am still in the country, where it doesn't matter how hot it gets, as it all cools down again when the evening falls. I'm surrounded by birds and trees.


No comments: