Wednesday, October 24, 2012

2 Days To Go

I seemed to leave early this morning, before 9am, rather than after. It was a lovely morning, the sun was shining, the right weather for my Rolling Stones T-shirt, I reckoned. The gardens were lovely, the roads busy, Victoria Parade was bumper to bumper, with it's morning traffic nightmare.

The Big Issue woman was playing a green recorder in Collins Street, it was quite nice, a song in the morning, despite her lack of expertise. Good for her, I thought, as I covered my ears. 


I got to sit on my “morning seat” for an extended time, being early and all, out the front of the office watching the world go by. Paris end, after all. Of course, that would normally mean two cigarettes, but I only had one. The air was fresh, what can I say?

I hadn’t been seated for long, when a school group came up Collins Street. The school boys, in grey pants and maroon jackets, wrestled on the steps of the Baptist Church, and on the foot path out the front, like puppies letting off steam. They spilled out over the footpath, not noticing, or seemingly caring, who they were going to career into. Kids.

A bald middle aged guy in a black suit tackled/shouldered one of them out of his way, when the kid banged into him. I think the bald guy was back on the sports oval momentarily - as a teenager himself, quite possibly. The kid was mock outraged and followed after the bald guy, mock threateningly, showing off to his mates to be sure. I was just waiting for the bald man to look around and see him, but he didn't.

An eccentrically styled Asian woman came walking up Collins Street, in the sparkly clothes, she had on really gaudy jewel encrusted pants. She looked so serious, but smiled so sweetly when I smiled at her, like it was a revelation that someone would smile in the mornings, I thought, as her face lit up.

Chuckles had a haircut, she had her fringe cut, she looked quite pretty. I was going to tell her, but, you know, I’ve learnt to keep it strictly professional at work. Besides, she's got the good humour of a block of wood, lets face it.

I was heading to the kitchen to get coffee and there was (cute, straight) Ben lying on the floor staring up at (hot, straight) Daniel. Ben was doing some sort of lower back adjustment in reality, but it looked so gay the two of them gazing at each other.

You should see the two of them in their shorts when they run together at lunchtime. Woof!

It was lovely walking in the sun at lunch time, meandering through the laneways trying to keep in the pools of sunlight along the way. It was a little windy, a little brisk, if you didn’t stay where the sun shone down.

In between Chuckles giving me some end of month work to complete, I was pretty much filing all day. I really don’t mind a bit of filing, I find it kind of therapeutic. I don't care - I guess I should - I get paid the same amount whatever I do. It is how people think sometimes with temp staff, just get them to do what they don't want to do, which makes me a fairly high paid filing clerk. Whatever?

Two days to go was all I cared about.

Sam and I made pesto pasta.

Shane went out for dinner with David.

David came over to talk about moving back in here some time in March next year, after Shane moves to London. He wants the loft bedroom, and the bedroom next to mine as an office. The bedroom is not being used anyway. I increased the rent, but not really enough.

It makes sense, like old times, back to the future. I have to be realistic, I can’t work less and live here on my own – my income decreases and my bills, effectively, double.

No comments: