Friday, October 19, 2012

The End is in Sight

Chuckles told me today that she had found a replacement for the recalcitrant (name of employee).

"Finally," she said.

Whatever?

She followed that by saying something about the company not hiring senior staff, that they were only hiring junior staff, which I didn’t really even think about until some time after.

Yes, yes, yes, I thought, tell me when I finish.

She said I could finish Friday and I thought YAY!

“That gives me those 3 days to get organised.”

A bit later I asked her if she meant today, or next Friday? She laughed and said, “Don’t worry, next Friday.” I was hoping she meant today. “That gives me those 3 days….”

Oh yes, blah blah blah.

“If you get another assignment that starts next week, then take it, that will be fine. Can you let Jack know."

I’m not planning to work in a hurry, this has gone on and on and on and on, I thought, so I am not saying a word to Jack.

Of course, if Jack calls and gives me work I will take it, I’m not stupid, but, I don’t have to call him any time in the foreseeable future either.


No comments: