Thursday, July 09, 2015

Life Is Too Short, Indeed

I work with two characters from Inside Out, Angry and Miserable. I like them both, as it turns out. It can be quite draining, though. As I headed out the front door at 4.30pm today, I broke into a chorus of Cabaret, 

"Come to the cabaret old chum. Come to the cabaret..." 

I'm not sure what possessed me, exactly. The fresh air, the sunshine, the end of the day. As I ran across Victoria Parade, I felt a spring in my step. Tra la la. As I scampered across the grass median strip in the middle I thought, Life is too short to be too glum and I crossed the tram tracks and very nearly got hit by a tram.

Life is too short, indeed.

My team I have Angry and Miserable (that's Mazz, who is actually the most positive upbeat person I have ever met, but this is what she has been reduced to)

In another team there is Happy (meant ironically), Cranky and Snappy (as in quick to anger and not smartly dressed, you understand)

And the third team, oh the third team. Ninny (who I live), Always Right and Hopeless. Fat Guts Carol Brady, Barbie and Flakey, in charge.

Life is too short.

No comments: