Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Three Brass Vases

I was up at 6.30am. I’ve been getting up early and writing fiction for my other blog. It is nice and quiet in the mornings if you get up early.

I got to work just after 8am. The first time I’d made it to work on time, since I became permanent. Well, I can only assume on time, as Kirin has said nothing about what hours she wants me to work. I worked it out myself, that if I want to continue to leave at 4.30pm, which is just a luxury, I need to get to work say around 8am. I’ve only managed it this morning for the first time. Kirin looked up this morning and said, “Did you wet the bed?” It wasn’t quite what I wanted to hear. I guess I should be grateful that my work environment is that laid back. I guess.

Mazz is leaving because she feels everything is done the wrong way at (name of company). She also says she can’t work with Kirin, as Kirin give her no support at all. Mazz also says that Kirin blames us for all the mistakes she makes. Our big boss Remy told Mazz this was the case.

I guess it is fair to say that Mazz thinks that Kirin is incompetent.

Mazz questioned why my email and my logons hadn’t been set up. Later in the day, Kirin said she had to fill out some form before my email would happen. Mazz just looked over at me.

Kirin seemed to be pissing around with who knows what all day, she even gave Mazz the variation report to do, which made Mazz sulky. Kirin seemed to be doing some sort of secret business all day with (name of company) HR, there were lots of whispers and the like.

Mazz and I kept saying to each other, “What is she doing?” We are the gang of 2 Mazz and I and even though I’d really like her to stay and it to be me and her, it isn’t going to be and I must remember that in the end, it is going to be Kirin and I. I should really be careful how much I say to Mazz. I mustn’t leave myself vulnerable to Mazz blurting it all out to Kirin on her way out the door at the end of the week. The end of this week, boo hoo.

We left work at 4.30pm. Fat Frankie got in the lift with Mazz and I and he commented about the two of us leaving on time, which was really unusual.

“There is 2 of us,” I said. That’s it, of course, there is 2 of us. Mazz and I have been working solidly to get out on time.

I went for a walk for an hour after work.

We ate stir-fired vegies for dinner.

We watched Go Back To Where You Came from, until about 11.30pm. Makes you kind of ashamed to be Australian watching the racist types, but then one of them has a change of hart and it was only the awful bitch from Queensland who was left being a bigot, so it made me feel good again about Aussies.

I now have 3 brass vases on the mantelpiece. One has been there forever with the back door key in it. Not all that long ago when we were cleaning out the boxes up stairs of stuff that past resident have left, I found the larger brass vase and it joined the smaller one on the mantelpiece. Even more recently, when we were walking Buddy in George Street and one of the houses was having a garage sale in the front yard, I bought a rather attractive shiny brass bottle that joined the other two on the mantelpiece and then there were three. Well, I cleaned the second vase to join the ranks, as it was really, badly tarnished. Now, it shines unnaturally and makes the other 2 look very dull. I guess I am going to have to clean the other 2 now, which is not really what I want. I like the patina. It was just that the one I did clean was so terrible. I just wanted it to look a little better, not the shining beacon it turned into. Grrr. Maybe, if I clean them all one, then they will naturally tarnish back to kind of a dull shine? Maybe?


No comments: