Thursday, November 12, 2015

This boy was walking in front of me. A strapping, dark-haired lad on a mission to somewhere. I followed him for a couple of blocks. I imagined he was off to his girlfriend's for a booty call. I think it was the way he walked, there was definite angst in his step and a nothing-is-going-to-stop-me kind of attitude to him breezing through the the day. There was definite purpose to each step he took. He had sweaty palms and elevated heart rate and a flushed complexion. 
I smiled and said, "Nice night for it." Of course, I meant walking.
 He furrowed his brow as though he was searching for meaning in what I said. Perhaps, he  thought I was telepathic. He checked his pockets, maybe it reminded him he needed condoms. Maybe, he got dressed in a hurry and he was checking that his fly was zipped up? Maybe the pocket checking was just a nervous twitch. 

No comments: