Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Julia, from HR

Who knows what HR stands for? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Have a guess? Come on. Have a guess? Give it a go? Your best shot? Come on? Here, I'll help. Harridans Regurgitating? Housewife's Reactive? Happy Reckers? (although, they are rarely happy) Hookers Regardless? Hateful Retchs? (no misspelling, that is how they talk to most people) Oh come on, you are spoiling it. Have a go? Well, I'll tell you. Hideous Rat-Faced Bitchs! Everyone of them. Unhappy, mother complex uptight control freaks. Bunch of ugly slappers, usually fat, always brainless, with that schoolmarm attitude. But then, I am pretty sure I am HR phobic, so, maybe, you shouldn't take any notice of me.

Ha ha, it feels good to vent occasionally, don't you think? Vomit it up, it is good for the digestion. Teach that HR manager to come over to my office and roll her eyes. 


I'm guessing that you are thinking, cranky thing. And maybe I am. 

We are all so programmed to only want to read positive stuff. It is funny that people railed against political correctness and yet it seems to have taken us all over. If you can't say something nice, as my old grand ma... and all that shit, is the mantra most people live by today. Just be nice, everybody be nice and the world will get along fine. Yeah, yeah, that has always worked for us.


"But what have you organised for recouping the expense," said Julia, with that clipped HR tone.
"I'm not recouping the funds."
"So how will it work then?" asked Julia.
"Well that is up to... um... you and the manager."
"But the managers don't do it."
"Well," I said. "That would be your field of expertise..."
"I don't handle financial..."
"I meant training."

And there it was, there and then, she didn't even try to hide it, the eye roll. Just like that.

You've got to be kidding me, I thought. Don't try and palm your work off on me, I'm not having it. Go find some junior to try that move on.

I bought 2 coffees and a banana and chocolate chip muffin. It was a tough day.

No comments: