Wednesday, May 18, 2016

So Who Knows?

Did you sleep with him? asked Sam.
I slept with him, I replied.
I never thought I'd be having these texts with Sam.
Did he pee in the bed? asked Sam.
You now may be questioning the calibre of my gentlemen callers?
Then again, some of you would not.

Two friends of mine, David and Sebastian, [that's right, you know] recently had a falling out about Tully showing his scat photos at dinner. [it is a much longer story. I'm paraphrasing. You are welcome]
I was shocked that one of my friends would have scat photos, but the issue seemed to be that he dared to show them while people were eating, not that he had them at all. It is a slim point, I grant you, but a point none the less.

So who knows?
He snored loudly in my ear, honey, so I just thought it was you anyway, I said.
How rude, came Sam's reply.
Actually, I'm making it up now, so I thought I'd better send that message to Sam for real, do some research. I'm waiting on his answer. 

You guys must be having good bonding, came Sam's response. Oh, how sweet.
Early morning, watching cartoons.

He sent me a photo of his two nephews, who have grown so much.

Sam's family couldn't wait to see him. They all went down to the train to meet him. The last leg was by train. No budget airlines, that is Sam and my promise to each other when we are overseas. Not that there is an airport in his home town. But no budget airlines is a promise we do make to each other none the less.

Jill wants me to go to a house auction with her.
Then comes Sam's next message. Get out of bed and do something, it is alarming that you are staying in bed.
Its not alarming me, I reply.

I watched Desk Set.

No comments: