Monday, May 16, 2016

I've Called People Darling All My Life – Tallulah Bankhead


Tallulah Bankhead one of the great old broadway dames. They don't make them like Tallulah any more. She is often quoted, here are some...


"I've called people darling all my life, dahling, because I've always been terrible at remembering people's names," said Tallulah Bankhead. "I once introduced a friend of mine as Martini. Her name was actually Olive."

When asked for her opinion on whether a male celebrity of the time was a homosexual, Tallulah Bankhead said, "Well, I don't know, darling, he's never sucked my cock."

My daddy warned me about men and booze, but he never said anything about women and cocaine.

Only good girls keep diaries, bad girls never had time.

They aren't making mirrors like they used to.

Codeine...bourbon... Tallulah Bankhead's last coherent words

No comments: