Sunday, January 29, 2017

Obsessed With Trump

Long weekend, you know what that means? Four days off, we deserve it. In fact, because we give so many free hours to our companies, a public holiday isn't a privilege, it is a right. We earn it. Well not me exactly, as I don't work Thursdays and Fridays, it is hardly an "anything" weekend for me, except Sam's here. I still use it as an excuse, the reason it has for existing, let the standards drop, let it all hang out. 

"But Sam, it is a long weekend," I say. "We're on holidays." 

Holidays means smoke, everybody knows that. Sam acquiesces easily. Surprisingly, he was even prepared to go and get it. How's that for a journey, from a guy who was dead against it seven years ago. Yes, we've been together for seven years this year.

Then I get to test out my ongoing theory, that no matter how much gunger I pump into Sam, he never really gets stoned. He gets mellow, sure, and he gets the bleary red eyes, which look really cute on him. Is it sick I am attracted to that look? I just think it is what I am used to, I laugh nervously to myself. Ha ha. But he doesn't get the giggly, fun laughing kind of stoned. It is as if he mutated into a seasoned pot smoker from the time that I met him. He really needed to, that's been said before. But, he keeps up with me, always, never says no, never spins out. Never chucks... such I yardstick, I saw that as soon as I wrote it. Sam's an old soul, clearly. Smoked the peace pipe with Sitting Big Cloud, and all that.

All of my friends are obsessed with Trump. Trump. Trump. Trump. Trump. Captain Small Hands himself. Everyone seems to following his every move. It is as if they are heralding in Armageddon. 

"Now look what he's done. Now look what he's done. Now look what he's done." 

Yes, they elected a narcissist, and not a particularly bright one at that. That's democracy. What is it they say, Democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried. But, even a judge can overrule a jury in exceptional circumstances, where is that safety net? Why can't a judge just stop this? Trump must have broken laws in the past, how hard can it be to put him in jail. Take a leaf out of Abbott's book in how he, allegedly, dealt with Hanson the first time around. (Now they are buddies? Strange) How hard can it be? Desperate times call for desperate measures. Where is America's Governor General? 

Sometimes I get the chills when I listen to him justify his existence yet again for the umpteenth time, like a 10 year old. "Mine was bigger! It was! No, it was! It was!" What president sends his press secretary out to tell the world he, in fact, has a bigger dick than the last guy, the biggest dick, it is a beautiful dick, despite the small hands. Sometimes I watch his lips move and think I am looking right into the heart of insanity. 

However, I have to put the same amount of store in their system getting rid of him, if he truely becomes a danger, as the Austrian parliamentary system has got rid of our two psychopaths.

We've had houseguests, it has been a gorgeous weekend, Melbourne turned on its perfect summer weather. The last of them have just left, Mark and Luke, they stayed Friday/Saturday. LouLou stayed Wednesday/Thursday. It is cream cake weather. Weather that is as perfect as a cream cake.

Trump. Euw! I tell you life is too short. I had dinner with an American, however much she claimed not to be. She held the floor, Saturday over a BBQ, and she smoked all my cigarettes as she did it, how American is that? She says that America is screwed for 4 years, because if you get rid of Trump, Pense is even worse. And the one after Pence is worse than him. She lives in Europe and she shrugged her shoulders and said. "Hey, it is what it is." (Who knows who Beau is from Absolutely Fabulous?)

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the laughs. I particularly want to see what 4 years of unmerciful comedic satire is going to do for the famously thin-skinned, narcissistic president. It will be comedy gold. SNL this week, Alec Baldwin is doing the whole show as Trump. Apparently, Trump hates Alec Baldwin. I can't wait.

Every body is talking about Trump, though. It is like some strange virus, it makes the afflicted constantly checking their portal of choice to the world psycho drama. 

I'm listening to Tracy Chapman as I enjoy the honey-soaked afternoon rays eating pistachios. I think the pistachio nut is my colour pallet.

No comments: