Saturday, January 14, 2017

Making Cakes

I was up at 7am.

I was at Coles by 8am, getting ingredients for a cake, as we are going to Rachel’s for dinner. “What can I bring?” I asked.

“Bring a cake,” Rachel replied.

"Oh yes, sure." That’s what happens now a days when we are invited out, since I am the cake baker. But that is okay, as I love to bake and it is nice to have a reason to try out a new cake recipe. I’m making a Raspberry, Blueberry and Sour Cream Crumble cake.


Buddy got an invite on the quiet. You see Jill is going too and clearly Bear, Jill's dog, didn't get invited. Sam said that was mean. I'm sure Jill will prickle when she realises.

"Oh well, life isn't always fair," I said to Sam.

The cake is cooked. It smells great. Cool in the tin. It is a big cake, I hope there are a few of us for dinner.

Now we are off to Preston Market to do grocery shopping, that always thrills Sam, he loves a good weekly shop.

1 comment:

Preston Market said...

Can't beat preston market for a great weekly shop! We were there too with our little girl who gets spoiled with bits of fruit and bikkies by the traders!