Friday, October 27, 2017

Lime Marmalade

Lime Marmalade. I found an unopened bottle of lime marmalade in the back of the fridge, the other day when I was rummaging about back there. I don’t know if it just us, but we seem to have a mysterious collection of bottles inhabiting the top shelf of our fridge. I don’t know if that is usual, but we do? I make attempts to clean them out from time to time, but who knows when you are going to want that Indian curry paste, or that Hoi Sin Sauce, or those imported capers, or, indeed, that mint jelly.

If you had asked me, I'd never have said that I'd like lime marmalade, but I do. It is yum. My god, it is good. Go get yourself a bottle, I recommend it. Woolworths Select, was my, Lime Marmalade, of choice, it is glorious. A couple of slices of sour dough wholemeal encrusted with sesame seeds, your Woolworths Select lime marmalade and a freshly brewed coffee somewhere in the middle of the afternoon, heaven.

Where it came from, I have no idea. Sam is not a jam boy, I am, but I am sure I didn’t buy it. It is a mystery. The goddess Laima, the goddess of fate, whose sacred tree is the lime, (Do you get the dual reference?) was smiling down favourably, perhaps. Maybe it was sent from God. Marmalade from heaven. The Miracle of the Limes, we shall refer to it from now on. People may come from far and wide to see it? Oh god, let’s hope not. People are annoying, so I can’t imagine what people driven with the fever of miraculous contemplation might be like? Hideous. If I cook some toast and the image of Jesus with a lime in his mouth (his head in a baking dish post crucifixion) appears, I won’t be surprise.

But, I do recommend lime marmalade for your toast. Lovely.


No comments: