Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Christians Can Dish It Out, But They Are Pretty Thin Skinned When It Comes Back At Them

There was a discussion thread on Facebook about gay marriage.

A christian woman laughingly stated that an application for the first gay divorce had already been lodged. (Just days after gay marriage was legalised) Luv is luv, hey? she said. (I could so see her permed hair and her twinset)

So I wrote the first thing that came into my head. It just felt like she needed some sort of reply to what she had written.

Luv is luv. New research shows John, son of Zebedee, married his long-time partner Jesus of Nazareth in a simple ceremony in Nazareth in Galilee. John’s older brother James the Apostle is said to have been best man. Joseph gave Jesus away, who is said to have worn a simple cream outfit. Joseph and Mary were said to have been over joyed with the nuptials. “We love John like a son,” said Joseph. The happy couple are said to have honeymooned at the sea of Galilee. "Luv is luv," said John, who is said to be over the moon with his betrothal.

Then she wrote.
No one mocks God and gets away with it. (I could see her eyebrows knitted downwards in disapproval)

That made me chuckle. Really? God is coming to get me, I can only assume? The God Squad are going to get me. What do you think, they'll be kicking down my door with their snowflake jackboots? Ooooooooooo, I am shaking. Christians are so weird, they still think that a belief in some mythical sky fairy is reverential, or something.

"You must believe in vhat ve believe! (Think Davros, Doctor Who) You must believe! You must believe!"

I first wrote, I am really scared by the figment of your imagination, but then I thought I could be cleverer.

Oh luv, my atheist wings🦋 are like a shield of steel.

No comments: