Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Turn Your Laptop Off, Christian

9.45am.  Turn Your Laptop Off, Christian. There is only so much YouTube you can watch. I never thought that was true, but just lately it is becoming apparent to me.

The shower tap has been dripping for a few weeks. It was only a few months ago that I replaced the washer. That time it was the hot water tap, but I replaced the cold water tap as well, as a matter of course. I found the problem with the cold tap in the shower was that the new washer I installed a few months ago had broken off its t-piece, so that was an easy fix. I didn't have to buy a new tap after all. I walked to Bunnings and got two new washers for both shower taps.

I can sew buttons back on shirts too.

I met Charlie in the city at 1pm, in Exhibition Street outside his work and we headed over to the carpark on Bourke Street and ate Thai food. I had spicy Laksa soup. Charlie, the quiet talker, I always find so hard to understand, so, of course, I was going to suggest somewhere quiet, but he seemed keen on the place we went to, so that is where we went. It was noisy, and I missed half of what he said, maybe a 10th, but I faked it and it all worked out fine.

Charlie had to go back to work, and I headed home or, at least, I stared to. The sun was shining and I wondered what I could do before I headed home.

So, I went to the DVD shop in that small city side street and looked at the DVDs. Jill called me while I was looking for Hugh Grant films, 3 for $10, she said she had all his films. 
"Not much help to me now that you have moved to Queensland."
"There is that," she replied.
My Hugh Grant movie collection would have to wait, as I could only find Notting Hill (in the cheap movie section). There was Brokeback Mountain, which I never really liked that much, Charlie St Cloud, but maybe I am too old to be fawning over Zac Efron, and the Golden Girls, which I can watch on Youtube. So, I left empty handed.

Jill wanted one of us to drive home with her in January, as she has got the job next year for 6 months. She said she’d call me back in an hour, but she didn’t. I laughed to myself, as Rachel’s words came into my head.

“She says she is going to call back in an hour, and then says rings at midnight and wonders why I don't want to talk.”

I called Jill 24 hours later.

No comments: