Tuesday, December 19, 2017

One Out of Three Ain't Bad.

Is the weather department becoming like the little boy who cried wolf? In the last three months, there have been three occasions where the weather department has given warnings of dangerous thunderstorms, severe weather events, tonight is one of those occasions. The problem is that the severe weather hasn’t eventuated. What rain? Is the weather department becoming hysterical like our news services? Anything for attention? Surely, the Bureau of Meteorology doesn’t get ratings? You'd be excused for thinking otherwise. The problem is that very soon the public won’t be listening.

Some time after I wrote this...

Perhaps, it was me, speaking too soon. It deluged with rain, we had a leak in our roof. Okay, I have to concede that maybe they got this one right. In my defence, I heard the weather warning hours before. So that is one out of three. Well, with the last warning, the weather did blow around Melbourne and there was huge rainfall in the country, I do have to say that.

No comments: