Friday, January 31, 2020

Dental Work

I had periodontal work done, the continuing saga of the disaster that is my teeth.

Actually, my teeth are fine, never had a filling, but my gums are crap, that must be a certain type of irony? Is it from far too many years of smoking? Maybe? Some dental professionals do, indeed, push that line. (Many years ago I went to a hygienist who I had to stop seeing because she got increasingly angrier and angrier with each visit when I continued to smoke)

The dental work was fine. First there is a numbing gell, then big needles inside and out. After that all just feel is scraping, and scratching, and hacking, and wrenching. You don’t actually feel any of it, you just experience the movement these things cause. Then the tread from the stitches fell across my face as he stitched my gums back together.

But now I can’t talk.

Sam made me a soft lunch.

I just tried to rinse my lunch out of my stitches. I took a mouthful of water from a glass, which is difficult in itself, then as I attempted to swill it around my mouth, the water shot out the side of my mouth and across the coffee table because I can't feel if my mouth is closed, or not.

Boohoo.

Three hours later, the aesthetic has worn off and it is all beginning to hurt.

No comments: