Saturday, January 04, 2020

My Present Fascinations

One of my favourite things at the moment is iced water, because ice makes water zing. It is the best thing. It is the basis of life, after all. It changes what is kind of a boring drink to something thrilling. In the summer, water and ice. You don't have to get any fancier than that. Don't need lemon, don't need bubbles. Just water the way it comes naturally, warm climate and cold climate, contained in some mineral altered sand, glass. (I still have no idea how that happens) Gulp, gulp, gulp, and it all slides down so easily. Just like that, sparkling, as in crystal clean, all the way. Gorgeous.

And lying out flat on the floor, is my other favourite thing. There is something about the firmness of the floor, the solidness perhaps, that relaxes me like nothing else can. It is comforting and chilling (as in chilling out, not a zing up the spine, you understand), it's like meditating, flat out. Maybe it is getting in touch with the plane of the earth, you know, a longitudinal thing. Infinity, maybe. It is how one feels infinity in a physical sense. As far as one can see and feel in any direction is intersecting within. Right on the spot on which you lay? Maybe? Centripetal forces of our souls. Our natural internal hum. Laid out, stretched out, chilled out, passed out, no, not passed out, relaxed… out.

My favourite things, that is, that are not my boyfriend, or my bulldogs. They always take number 1 and number 2 spots, a permanent placement, you may say, I might say.



No comments: