Thursday, October 03, 2024

A Glorious Morning

I took the dogs for a walk early. It was an absolutely glorious morning, so gorgeous for a walk. The sun shone, the sky was one unblemished blue tile overhead, and a gentle breeze blew. There was that lightness that you feel on a perfect day. Fresh.

We were just about home, when the old chick from down the street, who I’ve never had a great relationship with, came out of her gate as we walk past. She looked really old, like really old, like she has moved into the death spiral, and she smiled and said something about the Bulldogs being beauties, which is so different to the crosswords she and I have exchanged previously. 

She never liked the fact that Buddy walked off-lead around her two poodles, and she wasn’t backward in telling me. I have been know to tell her to pull her head in.

I've always called her the old bitch. I've avoided looking at her, as you know what they say happens when you look directly at Satan. But today I looked her in the eye and all I saw was sweetness and light. It was kind of nice, if I was truthful.

In fact, she looked so different, I wonder if she is the old chick’s sister, or friend, who is staying with her.

I came home and sat for an hour and wrote a couple blog posts, I had to catch up a couple of days. I headed off to the gym for my workout. I hope I didn't pull a muscle in my groin on the dreaded leg press, I guess I will find out in the next day, or so. Isn't that how those things go?

I'm now contemplating heading into the city to have that haircut that I missed out on, on Sunday.

The afternoon is mine, I can do what I like, I have no real plans.


No comments: