Friday, October 04, 2024

The Exorcist of God

I fell asleep on the couch, after dinner. I've been falling asleep on the couch every night lately, not really sure why? I've been waking up at 5am, maybe it is that?

I woke up to Sam watching The Exorcist of God and some priest getting strangled by a demonic Jesus. "Oh!" What a way to wake up. I was expecting Gardening Australia. Why do people watch such bullshit, I ask you? I guess, I asked myself.

Then I am half awake and Sam is asking me questions? Remember, Sam was raised a Buddhist. Why do they call priests father? Do nuns always pray to Mary? What is the holy spirit?

"What? Um? Oh? I don't know?" Wiping sleep from my eyes. Father of their flock, I guess. Praying to Mary is a Catholic thing. Who knows what nuns do? The spirit is a part of the holy Trinity.

Then I googled it. The Exorcist of God, not Sam's questions.  

If you are a fan of horror, if you like to be scared, if you like earned jump scares, this is for you. The acting is really really good, the special effects are also well done.

It just seemed like your standard issue god botherer stuff, to me. It just seemed as stupid as religion itself, I thought. All the same old tropes, again, like religion itself. I can't take exorcist shows anymore seriously than I do religion itself. It's all bad fiction. Still each to his own, just like religion.

I wrote my journal, then I wrote my blog.

Oh God! (pun intended) it went on and on and on, heads spinning, green vomit, deals with the devil, the works. It was like a bad zombie movie in the end.


No comments: