Thursday, January 29, 2004

It Poured Down With Rain, Freakishly So

Morning Christian.
Sorry about last night, I'm rather ill and not at my best, and tales of teasing boys just didn’t seem to do it for me.
I hope you have a beautiful day.
xTom


Take a pill, doll!
Take a couple.
christian


I was counselling a red-haired boy from Cranbourne, last night, who wanted to come over but was wary of what his b/f might say. I had been chatting to a taught army boy from Watsonia, who was very keen to hook up. And also a cute guy down from Sydney. My head spun. I hadn’t heard from Manny. I asked Tom his opinion of what I should do, Cranbourne boy, or wait for Manny to call?

I told Tom that I’d tell Manny that Tom advised me, said I should... and so... then I had to. Tom said he didn’t care. I told him Manny would be upset and that he’d hate Tom for it. Tom said he didn’t care and then he cracked the shits claiming tiredness and said he was going to bed.

Oh, you are no fun, I thought.


Moody
Three even.
Tom


That’s the spirit!
Big smile
christian


antibiotics
panadeine forte
vitamin c
ecchinaccea
and maybe a lazy quarter of a valium
big smile back
Tom


Hi Christian,
Hope we left the house ok – let me know if there was anything else. I paid the bills when I was there yesterday as well.
I left my fitness first keyring – may come and pick it up on the weekend if thats ok?
Tim


Tim
Everything was just lovely. Thanks.
Of course, you can come and get your fitness first key ring. You can come over any time you like. It would always be nice to see you.
See ya then buddy.
christian


Thanks. And also thanks for letting me live there – had a great time… As soon as we get a dining table we will have you over for dinner. Terry is away Sunday so I might pop in then – will call you before though.
Kiss kiss
Tim


That’s my pleasure. I loved living with you, it was always a joy. And if you ever need somewhere to live… actually, let’s not wish being single on you at this point. You are such a great guy.
I’ll look forward to dinner… and maybe Sunday.
christian


I went to mum’s for dinner. It poured down with rain, freakishly so, so they said. Auburn Road was chokers to Barkers Road. The brakes on my car played up a little. I don’t know if they were wet – all though they couldn’t have been very – like the ABS was slipping. As I got further down Auburn Road, the front yards were white and covered in hail, as though it had snowed. The low point down near the freeway must have gone under, as there were emergency vehicles all around and the road was blocked by them. Fred and I wound our way through the back streets to get home to mum. Lucky I grew up around there.

I went to Coles at Victoria Gardens on the way home. The loneliness of the vast spaces of a big quiet car park, all empty is palpable. The concrete of the urban jungle, marked and define as to where you may go, chilling, in away. No human contact, just concrete barriers, fluro lights and painted lines

I was home calling Manny at 11pm.


Rachel
I've been looking after Fred for the last couple of days and boy aren't they different to cats. It's quite a spin out when I come home or let him in, in the mornings. Bloody hell, talk about hard work. Bounce, bounce, run, jump, pant, pant, pant. Yay, yippee, you're home, or you're awake. WAY TO GO!
And cats... oh, you're here. Hmmm? I see my food bowl is still empty though. Hmmm, maybe I'll see you later.
Living on my own is glorious. If I thought it was going to be a permanent thing, maybe, just maybe, I'd relent and get a dog. Maybe? But what sort? It's good that I don't have to seriously give it any thought.
How's everything in Cheltenham?
christian

No comments: