Saturday, January 10, 2004

“You Can’t Handle the Truth.”

Tim’s sister and husband and kids arrived. They went to breakfast and then the zoo. They met Terry for the first time.

Tim saw Julien having breakfast with Sebastian in Smith Street. At first Julien didn’t appear to want to talk to Tim, but then he lifted his sunglasses and said that he was still recovering from New Years eve. Tim said that Julien didn’t look as though he had slept since New Years eve. Tim said that Julien looked worse than after the three-month binge he had with James, last year.

I went to Schots and got the name of a tiler. Tony the tiler.

Took Fred to the poodle parlour to have his hair cut. I chatted to mum until 5pm, which was nice. I like my mum. We chat about lots of things.

Came home to calls from Manny. I think I feel sad about him. I think I have moved on, because of the Glen and money thing. Manny said that he wanted to come over and that he may just come over on the chance that I would be here.

I felt depressed playing on gaydar. Maybe just depressed at life and being alone. Maybe?

I'm having pains in my chest. Hopefully, it’s from bad posture sitting at my computer too much. Who would have thought I’d turn into a computer head? It’s all I seem to do now a days. It is from sitting at the computer too long, I'm sure of that.


SMS. 7.38pm. Are you at Bolago? – Tom

SMS. 7.45pm. Fitzroy now. Maybe Bolago. Can’t make a decision to save my life. Feeling down, might go to bed. – christian

SMS. 7.50pm. What’s up – Tom

SMS 7.58pm. Dunno? Just feel kind of sad. Maybe it’s the moon – christian


I want to go to Bolago to see Mark and Luke. Mark says his knees have all swelled up. Gone puffy. Maybe it’s because he’s stopped taking his anti-inflammatory pills for his back, so he thinks. I wish I could just wiggle my nose and be at Bolago.

Tom called to say hello.


SMS. 20.35. I don’t feel like talking – christian

SMS. 20.87. No worries look after yourself and know I think you are the best – Tom


I called Bolago and spoke to Luke to say I wasn’t coming up. I said I wasn’t feeling great. Luke asked if I was eating properly because he thought I’d been unwell for about a month. It had already crossed my mind that perhaps I wasn’t eating properly. A cup of soup doesn’t make a very good dinner replacement, I suppose.

Luke said he called Julien to ask him about the medication he had left at Bolago. Sebastian tried to fob Luke off, initially, but then said that he and Julien were still together by the skin of their teeth, that things hadn’t been good. Apparently, Julien doesn’t want to speak to, or see, any of us.

I asked Luke if they had any guests. He said just a friend who had come up to stay the night. I guess I knew what that meant. I guess they weren’t expecting me after all. I had said to Mark yesterday that I probably wasn’t coming up, as I’m off to see Rachel tomorrow.

I went to bed to watch A few good men. “You can’t handle the truth.” That was voted the second most memorable line in a movie recently, behind “I love the smell of napalm in the morning.”

I still prefer, "What a dump!"


No comments: