Sunday, April 25, 2004

Christian of the Beautiful Floors

It’s cold and I have lots of work – Jasus! – to do on the floors. My heads spinning! And we won’t even talk about study. Ah! Two assignments getting very close to due.

Sand the last corner and then a major clean-up and then a coat of sealer. It’s got to be ready for it now, I have no choice. Aby’s moving in this week. It’ll be a coat every night. Fuck, fuck, fuck!!!

Got to get to it, I suppose.

Wish me luck.


Finished by 18.30. The house now stinks. Rats!

I called mum and she so wanted me to go over for dinner, but I just couldn’t get it together. It makes me sad, her loneliness.



M & L

Well, at least it's stopped raining. It's cold, but. Bloody freezing.

You can now call me Christian of the Beautiful Floors. I've worked all day, well, all afternoon, anyway. Aby even dropped in mid way through, to get a key and tempt me out to lunch. But, of course, I didn't go.

I cleaned, I sanded and I cleaned again. And then I coated with sealing oil. As you know, I was a bit worried that the floors would be too light, but as soon as the first brush stroke of sealer went on, I knew they wouldn't be. Lovely! That's what they are. Bloody lovely!

Of course, now the house smells of chemicals, in fact, if you never hear from me again, it probably means I have asphyxiated in the night.

christian

No comments: