Thursday, April 08, 2004

Holly Thursday

Hey Christian.

Hope this crisp Autumn morning finds you just dandy!

Keith and I are travelling down to the Laird leather night tonight, I'm picking him up from his work in the city around midnight. Then we're going to the Peel, I suppose I'll be ever so lightly twitchy.

Are you interested in coming along Miss? I could pick you up on the way through.

xTom



Morning

I might be interested, but I have a lot to do between now and then. Too much to think about now.

Gotta drive to Bolago, drive Mark and Luke to the airport and then go to my mum's for dinner.

You know, it suddenly hit me that I'm going to miss them lots. Funny how things creep up on you when you least expect it.

I managed to go jogging last night. And somehow I've promised my mum breakfast ever morning over Easter. My mum used to be such an independent lassie once, but now I hear the loneliness in her voice so clearly, it fair breaks my heart sometimes, to hear that change. I decided that I'm going to go bike riding every day over the long weekend and when I said to mum that it isn't that much further out of my way, just a slight detour on a secondary bike track, to visit her, I could hear the sense of relief in her, from what was shaping up to be four lonely days not seeing anyone.

Call me about the pub when you are on your way and I'll see if I feel like it.

christian



Hey Chriso,

I suppose the boys are really excited today!!

Do you want to catch up tonight (me after work) for a bite? No worries if you are busy – we'll do it another time.

Adi



Adi

I'd love to catch up, but I go to my mum's on Thursday night for dinner.

I think they are excited. I spoke to them late and they were just starting to pack. Luke said he had to get a bigger suitcase.

I've got to be at Bolago at 4pm to get them to the airport by 5pm.

We'll catch up soon

christian



No probs. I just phoned and spoke to Mark and they are very excited!!!!

You have a great Easter – see you next week.

Love

Adi



SMS 9.52. So many hot wog boys at uni. You would be like a pig in shit – Tom

SMS 9.58. Leg tackle one and bring him home for me, will ya! – christian



Ok Miss you got it!

Tom



I'm off for Easter now. Off to pick up, who I assume are, very excited boys.

Wish me luck.

I should be home after mums about 10pm.

christian



Good luck!!!!

Give em my love!!!!

Will call on the way through, when leaving Keiths work

Tom



I hugged Mark and Luke goodbye, I said I wished I was coming and they said they wished that too. I held one in each arm and just felt how it felt, I wouldn’t see them for 8 weeks. I held a last glimpse and I left them at airport, as they disappeared back in through the doors, at 5.40pm.

Not a good time to leave, I thought. And all the way to Toorak Road. Wish me luck.

Patti sang with a sad sax and I found myself crying like a baby, as I travelled away from them down the sweeping curves of the freeway, marvelling – if that’s the right word – at the bumper to bumper lanes on the other side of the concrete divide, as a cacophony of cars battled for spaces all around me. The sun was setting as I slid across the Bolte Bridge, with the dying golden rays reflected in the huge glass panels of the city skyscape.

I stood in the front yard on my own, at 7.20 and watched for blinking lights above the sky out over Tullamarine and wished them goodbye and wished them safe journey back to me – in the faded light, as the stars blinked at me in the milk-grey sky.

I came home and farted about a bit. Tom called to see if I wanted to go to the Laird with him and Keith, but I didn’t feel like it. He could sense that I was feeling a little sad around the edges.

He was coming home here to stay for the night.

I got up at 6am for a piss and Tom still wasn’t home.

Apparently, he went to the Laird and Shane and Mark W. were there, crystalled off their cha chas, with some friend from Sydney named Laurence. Shane tried to sell Tom some dope, apparently to fund their crystal binge. Apparently, their dope plant came into harvest. Tom took Laurence instead and entertained him at 80 until daybreak, instead.


No comments: