Thursday, April 29, 2004

I Think It's A Grand Idea For You To Have Friday Off...Time To Start Servicing The Friendship Pool

I stopped and had a cigarette with Adrianna this morning in Bourke Street. She told me all about Rob and Loli's wedding, the goings on just after I left. Apparently, Rob accused Charlie of selling speed from the bathroom. Lovely. After which he said to Loli, You know that last name... gone. You know the word annulment... tomorrow.

When Charlie tried to talk to Rob, as he poured himself a giant glass of scotch he could only answer, Ciao Charlie. Three times. Untill, Adi and Charlie left. They went and found solace at Rob and Henry's, choofing and doin lines until 6am.

They discussed what was up Rob's nose. Is he gay? Was there too many poofs around for him to cope? Does he have a big secret? In their state, they decided they were going to find out what his secret was, if there was one.

Adrianna went the next day to get her stuff out of Loli's car. Apparently, she answered the door at 3pm in her nightie looking like shit. She wouldn't let Adrianna into the house, giving her the car keys through the crack in the door, instead.

Adrianna only saw Rob for the first time since the wedding, yesterday. Apparently, he apologised... not to Charlie though, I presume.


Hi Christian

How are ya?

Hope this finds you well and happy...

God yesterday was a HUGE day for me. Went to Melbourne Sexual Health for a couple of shots and some blood results.

The blood results were really bad, the nurse tried to tell em that I needed to see a doctor, any doctor, immediately, and I ended up breaking down, just really losing it, and being taken underwing by a counsellor and staying there for two hours!

And I'm going back for more next week too!

Hard time of year for me maybe, and my bod gets a bit flat. I'm not feeling bad physically, so am not concerned about a couple of bad blood tests...

It's REALLY good to know I'm beyond being sent into "I've got LUke again" tizz, but goodness they got me at a vulnerable moment, and I suppose it all turned out for the best...

Had long chats about "being institutionalised" and about just having too much to cope with...

I don't think I feel institutionalised anymore - I think I've come back into the "real" world, so that's lovely to know...

Anyway I also got taken out for lunch, worked, had dinner cooked for me, had a massage AND got home at 11pm. Long day with no nap!

And how are you Mister? Ready for the new housemate?

When are Mark and Luke getting back?

xTom


Tom

I hope today treats you more gently than yesterday.

I'm in readiness for my new flatmate, she has even started dropping stuff in. There were little bits around the house last night to make me realise that my solo status is coming to an end.

Mark and Luke come home May 16th or 18th, one of the two... obviously. I think Jeff and Raymond leave today to go meet them. How nice!

I had drinks after work, a couple of beers and I'm doddery. But I did manage to get to Bunnings to get sand paper and a hand sander.

I watched a couple of interesting shows on TV and then I sanded my floors. Another coat which takes twenty four hours to dry... if I do it Friday night, it won't be dried until Saturday night. Hmmm? Not so good for the new flatmate moving in. Maybe I need to take tomorrow off? Tomorrow morning, dried by Saturday morning. Better.

I was going to do it last night and, in a sense, I wish I had of. But it really stinks and I really need to leave the house open for a few hours to let it air, after I have done it.

There just aren't enough hours in the day.

And then I woke up on the couch at 3am. Didn't even check my emails.

I told my mum that I was going to replace the broken power point myself. She got all worried and said for me to get an electrician to fix it and she'd pay. I looked at it last night and laughed... I suppose it would be quick, hey? Leave the power on, zap!


Christian,

NO FIXING POWER POINTS YOURSELF!!!!

Yes it would be quick for you.

And many people's hearts would ache for the rest of their lives, with the gaping chasm you would take with you.

So take up your dear Mum's offer, Miss, and get the electrician to fix EVERYTHING you want to fix.

I think it's a grand idea for you to have Friday off! Eminently sensible too, you don't want the new flatmate to die of fumes before she's settled now, do you...

xTom


I went to mum’s and then to Rachel’s. I realised in the last few days that I’ve hardly seen Rachel. And since I’m taking tomorrow off work to put the final coat on the floor, I had time to visit.

If I’ve got no friends, it’s really my own fault. Time to start servicing the friendship pool.

It’s 1.11.


No comments: