Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

I went to see Brokeback Mountain, after work, at the Kino, on my own. I so wanted to see it. And... I found it a bit boring, really. I couldn't understand half of what Heath Ledger said. I thought he practically raped Jake, in that tent, all of a sudden, without any sexual tension between the two in the build up. I thought Jake was talented for being able to take it, first off. Stereotypes were strengthened by Jake G's character dying in the end. I think it should have ended way before the two of them got old. It was hot the two of them kissing at Ennis' house, downstairs in the stairwell. The scene where his wife sees them. Woof! Woof! Woof!


Although, I did find it a bit disquieting afterwards, when I walked up The Paris End of Collins Street, under the plain trees, thinking about the love of my life. It strangely had an after effect, where I thought about love and being with someone and that certain someone one thinking about me. I pictured all of my lovers in the throws of passion about me.


I walked up Collins Street alone, maybe it was the sort of film which should have been watched with someone, maybe?


I watched "In Her Shoes" on DVD with Tim and Nicholas when I got home. It was quite good, I think I enjoyed it better than Brokeback Mountain. Nearly? I mean, there were a few glaring holes in it and they messed it up at the end. American’s never know when to stop. But...


SMS. 20.46. I saw a man today in a wheelchair moving himself along with his feet? – Christian

SMS. 22.40. I have a hot man that comes into my cafĂ© who is paraplegic. I often wonder if his dick works? – Rachel

SMS. 22.42. Nah – Christian

SMS. 22.43. Maybe? – Rachel

SMS. 22.46. Not a chance – Christian

SMS. 22.44. There’s always a chance…ni night – Rachel

SMS. 22.49. I suppose you still believe in the tooth Fairy? – Christian


No comments: