Sunday, June 06, 2010

Gotta Stop Thinking For One?

I was supposed to take Nicholas to look at cars. He'd seemed so keen, almost insistent, last week, that I made sure that I didn't forget for this weekend.

Last night early, Sam said he had to go and he headed off home, without even staying for dinner, when Shane had specifically said that he must stay and that he would cook burritos. I had a feeling that it may have just been nervousness and that, maybe, I should have insisted that he stay, but you know, I'm not so very good at the beginnings of relationships. I'm too laid back, too full of the everybody-should-do-what-makes-them-happy vibe about it all that I am often guilty of missing the more subtle signs of some one saying the opposite of what they are hoping might happen, you know, insist that they stay when they say they must get going.

So, after I'd had breakfast with my mother, I sent a text to Nicholas saying, lets go look at cars. He called back to say he'd already been and that he'd found a Peugeot that he was interested in. As I've got a Peugeot, I was particularly interested and I asked him what model. He replied, I don't know, a model with 4 doors. I didn't ask any more questions after that.

So, I headed home and spent the afternoon writing on my computer.

When I text Sam late in the afternoon, he did seem a bit miffed that he'd headed home leaving me free to do what I had already organised to do with Nicholas. We could have spent the day together, he said. He'd been in Carlton too. If I'd messaged him earlier then maybe we could have spent the afternoon together. Oops. I'm going to have to re-hone my boyfriend skills, I can see that. I mean, not that he's a boyfriend, of course, we've only known each other for a couple of weeks, but...

Sebastian came over and cooked home made pesto gnocchi with a fennel and orange salad. It was great. Shane bought caramel slice for desert. Just as well, as I was supposed to cook a flourless chocolate cake, but I didn't. I let the kitchen down. Grimace. Would you believe, I forgot?


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

People really should just say what they really think.

FletcherBeaver said...

Yes they should, the world would spin so much more ebenly if they did.