Thursday, June 03, 2010

Talk About Economising

I saw that my milk bar sold my brand of muesli and I had run out at home. I was aghast that it was $6.50 rather than the $3.99 that I pay at the supermarket, for 650 grams, so I didn’t buy it.

But, I still haven’t managed to get to the supermarket.

So, the last three mornings I have paid $4.90 for small plastic cups of muesli from Nashi. It’s very nice muesli, but I’ve now paid $14.70 for a fraction of the muesli that I could have bought for $6.50.


Talk about economising. The logic is astounding, don't you think?

Hands on hips at the realisation. Oh no, too girlie, hands down. Arms folded. Arms unfolded. Hand to the forehead. Idiot! Ouch! Too hard.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a $500 coffee machine on the bench that ran out of coffee beans. Instead for the last couple of months have brought 2 coffees at $3 per day from the great cafe down the road and most times grab a muffin or something. Averaging $8 a day most days for 2 months = $480.

I think it's what makes our economy turn. Things we don't want or need. Then to landfill.

FletcherBeaver said...

We're a funny bunch, hey?