Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Sometimes I Walk Around My House In The Dark

Sometimes, I walk around my house in the dark. I don't know why, but I've always done it. Maybe, I'm a bit weird, I'm willing to accept that. But, I just haven't always seen why I need to light the place up like a shopping mall when I can manage without it. I hate bright lights, I much prefer soft lighting. Maybe, it's rebellion from growing up with a father who loved fluros? Of course, I've lived here a while so I know where everything is.

Sometimes, I even got to the toilet and piss in the dark. Today, my cleaner came, I forgot. I went to take a leak without putting the light on. My cleaner had closed the lid to the toilet, like the girl she is...


... I cursed her as my piss ricocheted at right angles onto my legs like water from a sprinkler. The sound wasn't right, just a strange silence and a weird thrum as the liquid sprayed on my track suit pants.

I felt a shiver vibrate up my spine.


No comments: