Thursday, October 14, 2010

“Be Careful With That,” He Said

I worked back late, yesterday, getting every thing finished for my deadline. 

Sam headed home. Work, smurk, he said. He emailed me later in the night and said he’d prepared noodles for me. Lovely noodles. Come over.

It was 18.30 and I'd just got home. I’m tired, I thought. I can't be bothered driving over to his place.

Then he said he had Sarah Lee ice cream too.

Well, I thought. Shane was out and I was home on my own and would have to get my own food and Sarah Lee ice cream, hmmmm. So, I said yes and headed over to his place.

God I'm cheap.

He cooked lovely noodles and he put chili on the side. “Be careful with that,” he said. The noodles we great.

We watched Prince of Persia. Jake Gyllenhaal was hot. I've never thought that about him before, I've always though he was a bit wimpy, but not in this movie. And cute. Adorable.

I stayed home today, I pulled a sickie, well, I had a migraine, so not so sick. Since Beck was treated like crap and left, I've had no help from anyone and, I think, it was beginning to take its toll. The corporate world, you are on your own, bud!

Not long into the morning, I needed to take a shit. Suddenly, it felt kind of weird too. Oh, gotta go now, I thought. Yikes. Run, run, run!

You know, I never had "the burning ring of fire" until a few years ago. It was a revelation. Oh, that's what they've been talking about. Now I get it.

Oh! Burning ring of fire. Those chilli’s, my god.

I text Sam and he said not to be a baby.

Not long after, he text me with, OMG! Me too! Those chilli's were fierce, hey?


No comments: