Friday, October 08, 2010

Fringe

We went to see a play as a part of the Fringe Festival, Sam and I. Of course, we had to take care of the main thought in Sam's head, first. "What are we going to do about dinner?" We ate Thai on the way. That boy's thoughts are never far away from his stomach. But, we eat great food, so I'm not complaining.

It was his first experience of Fringe. He had wide eyes as we descended into an underground car park in Collingwood.

"Where have you bought me?" he said.

"This is great," was my reply.

He gave me that look; his beautiful brown eyes looking sideways at me. His mouth curling into a wry grin.

The play was a one man show about self perception. The actor was cute. He had some nice inflections in his delivery and expressions. It was pretty full on, the actor worked hard.

Afterwards, as we walked home in the fading light, Sam said "Psycho!" as his answer to my question of what he thought of it.

He's funny.

I'm not sure what I thought about it. It was complex. I, rather cruelly, wondered if it was based on Mark W's life. I made sure I mentioned it to Shane, via David as it turned out.


No comments: