Thursday, April 21, 2011

What Can I Say, We've Been In A Pot Phase?

What can I say, we've been in a pot phase? Every night after diner. And while that usually inspires me to write, not so much, this time around it's been the complete opposite. Nothing.

Oh, I don't know why, we can't wait for the end of the year, um... er... that's why we're getting stoned. Cigarettes and all, weak as piss. It's been a long year, thus far.

It's winter? Open fires, lots of mindless faces staring at the teev.

And just in case the pot failed to achieve, it was followed up with mugs of red wine. It's the only way Shane knows how to pour them.

We've been cooking. I've been cooking. I'm contemplating locking myself and Sam away at home for Easter and just cooking. Cooking the basics, spaghetti carbonara, risotto, lasagne, pumpkin soup, chocolate cake, lemon slice. 

Easter eggs and bike rides, that's how I see Easter. Walking, talking, taking photos, doing iPads, eating. 

Has anyone eaten one of those creme eggs? The ones they advertise by splattering them against the camera lens? They just never give in, they are tough.

I've got to iron a shirt and go to bed. Repeat. Life's mindless. Bring on the holidays, two more sleeps. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

if you like creme eggs you will love this commercial version. i think this will be up your alley. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGCbDtng5MA&feature=youtube_gdata_player