Sunday, April 24, 2011

Woman Savagely Raped in Brisbane

"Woman savagely raped in Brisbane", read the headline.

It made me stop and think. Huh? What the? Is there a way where a rape isn't savage?

Is that when you sneak up behind them and yell, "Surprise!" (Oh sorry, I don't know what came over me) Feminists and humourless god botherers hate that joke. And I guess I can see why, as it is not a joke.

It is some gay boy's fantasy, and some girl's fantasy too, apparently, as long as it never happens, for real, of course, as long as it stays a fantasy.

So it is back to the original question, can you have a rape that isn't savage? And brutal? And degrading?

Savagely raped. What is not savagely raped? It is the media milking it for all it is worth? But really, do you even need to do that, do you, if it is a rape? Click bait, is that what they call it? I guess the media can't help itself.


Me either, so it would seem.

No comments: