Monday, April 04, 2011

I Thought That Was Nice





Mark says that Sam and I fascinate each other. I thought that was nice. He observed us over the weekend at Bolago.


The weather was gorgeous, blue sky, golden sun.

I spent the weekend, pulling weeds. I put Sam to work, next to me. He doesn’t like dirt, or soil, it scares him what creepy crawlies might be in it. Baby. 

But, to his credit, he worked and didn't try to slack off.

He was bemused by my hourly tea breaks.

He was unhappy about my jokes about snakes.

We laughed. Drank tea. Pulled blackberries, piles of blackberries. "Ouch, sweetie." We were constantly emptying wheelbarrows. good thing we've got a hundred aches and a million trees to hide it behind.

I rolled joints... well, you've got to relax and be in the mood. It's the only time now that I partake, up the country (spoken with a Queensland twang). My friends think I'm wicked introducing Sam to dope, a nice clean living lad, before he met me. I tell them he is an adult... roll my eyes and sigh.

Secretly, I harbour a slight pang about it. But, he’s never turned it down.. He says that is all going to change. We’ll see.



No comments: