Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's Wednesday

Ug! The cleaner comes today. Very soon I'll here the front door go click click and I'll hear the scuff of her gold jiffies on the floorboards. She'll stop at my study door and I'll look at her and she'll look at me and we'll both shiver at the very same moment and I’ll say, “Newman!” Ha ha! “Guadalupe!” 

And she'll say, "Ullo," in that way that she does, with that nasty mouth and those suspicious eyes.

Rats!

I've got to go and have a shower and be ready to vacate the house at a moment’s notice.

I've got my bag packed by the door - iPad, iPad keyboard, camera, latest novel I am reading – Martin Amis, The Pregnant Widow, just by the way – a health bar, wallet, keys.

(She doesn't have a nasty mouth, or suspicious eyes, she is perfectly nice, of course, I just can’t throw my sense of invasion when she is here)


No comments: