Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I've Been Cooking

I've been cooking while I have been off work. It's funny because usually I don't cook and everybody seems to think that I can't. Shane has been quite surprised with my efforts, although the down side is that now that he knows that I can cook he seems to think I'll be cooking the evening meals. When he comes home and says, "What's for dinner?" I don't know why, but it kind of pisses me off.

I used to love it as a teenager, although I am primarily a pastry chef, that's what I really like doing. I used to like getting a new recipe and giving it a go. And all the stuff that I learned way back when with my mum as a kid is still in my brain, which is nice.

I've cooked spaghetti carbonara, beef stew, a frittata, a pork roast, vegetable soup, a pumpkin and chickpea curry and roast pumpkin soup.

You know, I like it when I have time to think about it and have time to fit it in to the day. It is so different to coming home from work and then having to cook.

There is a joy to it when it is relaxed and not rushed.

Sam has been helping me.


No comments: