Tuesday, September 06, 2011

I'd Had Bad Dreams

I woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I'd had bad dreams, none of which sound so bad now that I sit here and think about them in the day light, but in the dark in the depths of sleep, it's funny how they are different.

I got up a little while after I woke when I couldn’t go back to sleep. I was in jail, in what looked like a huge tiled shower block. I kept asking the man in charge questions, which he soon got sick of and punished me for my inquisitiveness. I was in for three months and he punished me by giving me a cubicle as big as a broom cupboard in which I would have to sleep standing up. The last thing I remember of that was desperately trying to contact the UN to speak to someone about the violation of my human rights.

Then I had a dream about driving a black Alfa Romeo to the country, to a town that looked a bit like Bolago. There I met my Uncle Bill, who I haven't seen in years, whose car the black Alfa was. He asked me if I had driven the car to the country, a question I tried to avoid but in the end a question I had to admit to. He questioned me about my apparent cheek of driving the car without his permission. He wasn't happy.

I woke up with a start... as you do.

I turned on the teev and watched morning TV, which almost managed to put me to sleep again until I switched it around and watched Pro Bull Riding.

The riders had names like Skeeter, TJ, Kody, and McKennon

I don't know if it is how their chaps tie on, but they all looked as though they have hardons after they had finished their rides. They were hot, even if a couple were missing teeth.

So I made coffee and prepared muesli and took it back to bed and started to watch morning TV and fell back to sleep, which would be no surprise to anyone. I woke up again just before midday. Lovely.


No comments: