Wednesday, September 21, 2011

There You Go....

Sam found my blog, the first person ever to know about my blog, other than me. Actually, my good friend Panda is... was... the only person who knew my blog belongs to me. She and I studied writing together.

Hello to Panda, if you are reading.

I've got a new lap-top, an Apple... Sam bought himself a new Air and I now have his Pro. I was pissing around on my PC and the lap-top and the lap-top ran out of battery while I was away from it. I didn't think anything about it and continued doing stuff on my PC. That's how things go, you know, so I just closed the lid. (Is it called a lid?)

Sam came over sometime later and he plugged the lap-top in and fired it up to commence my instruction on all things Apple... when... can you guess, up came my blog in front of the two of us sitting looking at the screen.

Whoosh! There is was. Ah! NO!

I panicked... well, panicked is a little strong, to tell you the truth. But, I wasn't expecting it, I was caught completely off-guard. I tried to be clever and I tried to open something else. I tried to open the news to show him something, but there was nothing... nothing I could allude to as something of interest.

And the heading of the first entry in my blog was, It's my birthday. I was sure he would want to look at what I had been looking at online, it was just unfortunate that it was so obviously about me.

Each time I steered him away from it, he managed to come back to it... until finally I grabbed him in a bear hug and said, "I really don't want you to read that."

"Really," he said. "Is that you?"

We wrestled.

I don't, actually, mind Sam reading my blog, in fact, I kind of like the idea of someone reading it... except, that there is certain freedom in not having to answer to anybody about what I write.

I guess, it is hello to Sam, if he is reading. (That seems weird)

But, Shane and Sebastian were at my place and I certainly didn't want Sam blurting it out and everybody knowing about it, as they are all in it, of course. I think if that was the case, I'd have to stop writing it all together.

Not that I've been too diligent about writing lately.

Truthfully, the idea that Sam knows about it has stopped me writing for the last week... just while I thought about it. I tentatively brought up the subject with him, but he didn't realise what I was talking about and I dropped it quickly.

Or... at least... honest truthfully... Sam gave me a photographic scanner for my birthday and I have been more interested in scanning all my old photos than writing anything.

Stay tuned for a pictorial wonder... ha, ha... wander through my past

 

4 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

I guess Santo will get to read about all the nice things you've said about him so brownie points for you!!!

Pandora Behr said...

Hello, Christian!

Pandx

Gabriel said...

Are you going to delete your blog now? Let me catch up first please!

FletcherBeaver said...

No, no deletions. Santo hasn't said anything, so I will proceed as, um, er, normal