Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's My Birthday

It's a cold day as I sit here with my muesli and my coffee on my birthday morning. The phone hasn't stopped ringing... and I hate talking on the phone at the best of times. It started at 6.45 when my mate Dean called on his way to work. He laughed when I said I was still asleep. He said the sun was out and there was a full moon and that it was beautiful and I should get up and take a look.

(I've forgotten what that is called? Is that a blue moon? Grimace. I don't think it is)

Actually, it started on the dot of midnight when David text from Berlin to say he was a live and well and happy birthday you old slag.

My brother called at 9am from Brisbane and after that my sleep in was over and up I got.

Shane had left a present on the coffee table an apple corer and peeler. I laughed. I am a bit of an apple fiend.

My sister called to say I am nearly as old as she is again. We are a year apart in birth.

Sam called. He is hysterical when he calls from work, because he whispers way down low and he sounds like what a stalker would sound like, if I had one.

My ex-girlfriend called, she is on the Northern Beaches on a day off, as she got married on my birthday in London and she is celebrating her fifteenth wedding anniversary with her husband.

And now I am off to lunch with my two oldest girlfriends.

Then it is out to dinner with Sam.

And... for someone who didn't want anything for his birthday... some how that has morphed into a big party in the country on Saturday night. Yay! Lucky me.


2 comments:

Pandora Behr said...

Happy birthday Christian.

Victor said...

Happy Birthday Christian.

A blue moon is the name often given to the occasional event of a second full moon in the one calendar month.